The Health o meter 2-in-1 baby and toddler scale converts from infant tray style to traditional foot platform to adjust to your child’s growth. The scale is shaped in the face of a teddy bear, making it friendly for children of all ages. Includes the Healthy Growth Baby Book contains growth charts to help you monitor and track your child’s weight and height compared to national averages. The Health-o-Meter HDC100-01 “Grow with Me” Teddy Bear Scale is a first-of-its kind consumer baby and toddler scale. As your child grows, the scale easily converts from a tray to a platform, making this a versatile and cost-effective device for weighing your child as he develops from a newborn to a toddler.
Use the Teddy Bear Scale to weigh your baby or toddler. View larger.
Remove the tray to weigh your child in a standing position. View larger.
Large 1.2-inch LCD display. View larger.
The large, easy-to-read 1.2-inch LCD display is front-facing so reading the weight is a breeze. Also, for added accuracy with small children, the scale weighs in half-pound increments up to 60 pounds. Calibration is a snap with a “zero out” feature that allows you to adjust for the weight of clothing or a diaper. This scale is powered by a replaceable nine-volt battery (not included), includes a growth chart to track height and weight against national averages, and it is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
Operating the Scale
Place the scale on flat, level surface. A hard surface, such as a tile or linoleum floor, is the best for maximum accuracy. If the scale is placed on a soft, deep rug, then it may not produce accurate results. Once the scale is placed on an appropriate surface, press On/Off and wait for the display to show zeros. If the display shows “0:0″, the scale is set to pounds/ounces; if the display shows “0.00″ the scale is set to kilograms/grams. Press the lb/kg button to select between pounds or kilograms.
The scale can be operated with or without the tray. When using the tray, make sure that it is securely locked into place before placing your baby on the scale. Simply lay your baby on the tray and read the display. To use the scale without the tray, you’ll need to remove the tray by turning the locking nut clockwise. The tray is replaced by four rubber plugs and a supplied plastic cover tab. Once the cover is in place, hold your baby upright on the scale, and place the baby’s feet so that the weight is evenly distributed. Of course, everyone knows that a baby rarely holds still. Health o Meter has an answer. If your child is moving, press the “Hold” button to lock in the correct weight. This function displays the baby’s average weight for the time period.
What’s in the Box
HDC100-01 baby and toddler scale, growth chart, and warranty.
- Health o meter’s baby scale precisely measures the weight of your newborn within 0.5 ounces (or 0.1 kilograms). This accurate measurement helps to ensure your baby is getting the right amount of food, or provides a way to monitor their growth in between doctor’s visits.
- Once your baby outgrows the tray, the scale converts to a toddler scale with a capacity of up to 60 lbs.
- Its large LCD digital display makes it easy to read. The infant tray comes equipped with a security lock for added stability during use.
- FREE! Healthy Growth Baby Book inside. Track the weight and height of your child with this easy to use growth chart book, which includes height and weight national averages from birth to 36 months. Book also includes a tooth tracker and toddler shoe size chart.
- Health o meter stands behind our product with a 10-year limited warranty. This scale requires a 9 volt battery for usage (not included).