HEALTH, SAFETY, AND NUTRITION FOR THE YOUNG CHILD, 8th Edition, covers the contemporary health, safety, and nutrition needs of infant through school-age children in one comprehensive volume, with extensive coverage of topics critical to the early identification of children’s health conditions and the promotion of children’s well-being. Concepts are backed by the latest research findings and linked to the key professional standards of the field. Collaboration with families, sensitivity to individual differences, and the critical importance of health, safety, and nutrition education continue to be stressed. Written in a clear, concise, and thought-provoking manner, this time-proven book is filled with easy-to-access checklists, guidelines, and lesson plans that no early childhood student or professional should be without!
- The text provides comprehensive coverage of the health, safety, and nutrition needs of infants through school-age children in one book.
- Content is organized in a reader-friendly style, divided into three major sections (i.e., health, safety, nutrition), to aid readers in understanding the material and how it can be implemented in early childhood settings.
- The latest researched-based information is translated into practical applications to help readers see how theory can be put into practice.
- Checklists, tables, concise guidelines, and lesson plans can be quickly accessed and used in programs.
- Extensive review activities, reflective questions, and case studies reinforce student learning and comprehension.